Location: Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, or West Yorkshire (Kirklees area)
Closing date for application: 24 June 2022
We are a young and energetic business with a passion for sustainable buildings that are simple and robust. We harness science and technology to lead the way in building efficiency which is why we are proud to have been recognised with a number of industry awards.
Everyone at Greengauge is constantly learning, through formal training, internal discussion, and a variety of exciting projects. We love an unusual challenge because we learn so much. Our tight-knit team is constantly sharing ideas and inspiration, problems, and solutions. We endeavour to collaborate across disciplines, both internally and with other organisations, to deliver great outcomes for our clients.
We are looking for a Building Physicist with at least 4 years’ experience to work on a wide range of projects either individually or as part of a small team.
The ideal candidate will hold most, if not all, of these attributes:
- a relevant Degree in Engineering or a Mathematical science which must include a significant element of building physics
- ideally you will hold Passivhaus Consultant/Designer accreditation but will also consider outstanding candidates, or those part-qualified in the subject
- experience with SAP, IES, or similar dynamic simulation tools
- experience of thermal bridge analysis, moisture simulation, and the Low Carbon Energy assessor accreditation would be beneficial.
- a good knowledge of the Building Regulations in particular Part L
- a good understanding of other guidance and compliance targets such as CIBSE TM52/59 and BB101, for example
- a knowledge and understanding of building services design and its importance in the Passivhaus context
- strong communication skills
- excellent IT skills including excel, word, ideally AutoCAD and SketchUp etc
- ideally a member of a relevant industry body (e.g. CIBSE)
- a passion for good sustainable, low-energy design
- self-motivated and eager to learn
- full driving licence
What to expect
At times it can be hard graft. If the deadlines all come together, you will be expected to roll your sleeves up. However, we operate a flexi-time system so you can kick back when you need to.
In return, you will get to be part of an exciting, growing business where no two days are the same. We will invest in your skills and knowledge and help you achieve your ambitions.
What we offer
- A salary of circa £35,000 depending on experience
- Ethical pension option
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working
Our new hybrid working policy is under development but there is a requirement to be in the office regularly, including an intensive settling-in period on-site, as well as working from home.
In addition to our main office based in Bradford-on-Avon near Bath, we are establishing a second hub in West Yorkshire (Kirklees area) so are seeking candidates from either location.
If this is you, email email@example.com with your CV and a short statement of why you are interested in this role, as well as telling us something about yourself.