- What do you do at Greengauge?
Lots of Building Energy modelling including dynamic overheating modelling using IES, Part L calculations for building regulations and PHPP (Passivhaus Planning Package). I also help Toby out with planning the workload for the team and running projects.
- What motivates you to wake up and go to work?
Working on low-carbon building projects to help developments be more sustainable with a team who also want to make a difference.
- What do you like most about your job?
The problem solving to make buildings better and steering clients toward more thermally comfortable and lower impact buildings.
- What’s something most people don’t know about you?
I am part of Extinction Rebellion as I believe that we can work together to rescue and repair the planet from ecological and climate breakdown but that we need to act now.
- What’s your favourite blog?
The Building Services Engineers Declare as knowing there are many engineering practices who have declared a climate emergency and are (hopefully) actively working towards a zero-carbon economy is a great incentive to keep going.
- What are your hopes for our industry?
That Passivhaus becomes the new minimum requirement and we can achieve net zero carbon in the next decade.
- What is on your bucket list?
Build a house and learn how to ice-skate.